We are looking for a Volunteer & Recruitment Manager who will be a proactive, outgoing and organised person with a passion for volunteering and who understands the difference that volunteers can make to the community. In this role you will help to recruit Trustees, Committee Members, activity leaders and other volunteers to build and maintain a robust infrastructure around our current team members enabling the organisation to grow and prosper.
Volunteers are a critical part of the Charity’s foundation, providing the organisation’s services and supporting the fundraising goals. The Volunteer & Recruitment Manager role is to recruit, maintain and manage the Charity’s volunteers as well as raising awareness of volunteer opportunities within the community through various engagement initiatives.
You will help develop and grow our team by increasing the number of volunteers, meeting internal demand and enabling growth in new areas.
We would like you to:
- Write job descriptions for current vacant roles
- Source relevant websites / organisations which specialise in recruiting volunteers
- Advertise vacancies through specialist volunteer websites and other outlets
- Research websites / sources to find and contact suitable candidates for CAG vacancies
- Review covering letters and CVs and shortlist potential candidates
- Regularly communicate with and feed back to the Committee on progress made
- Interview candidates along with another member of the Committee
- Process relevant paperwork for successful and unsuccessful candidates
- Maintain relevant records in a confidential manner as per GDPR
- Maintain a close working relationship with current team members to ensure the aims of the organisation and individual are being met
Ideally you should have:
- Experience of managing a volunteer function
- The ability to attract, motivate and retain volunteers
- An understanding of the legislation and best practice for volunteering
- Knowledge and experience of other relevant agencies working with volunteers
- Be able to communicate effectively and clearly to a range of internal and external customers
- Be creative in the ability to attract and retain volunteers
- Good time management and organisational skills
- A flexible team player
- Ability to engage and build a rapport with a wide range of people
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- The post holder must be able to provide a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check
The volunteer should also have/be:
- IT competent and confident
- A car driver or have ability to travel to attend events & meetings
- Experience of working within HR or Recruitment
Making a difference – what impact will the opportunity have?
Your input is key to the day to day running of CAG as well as securing its future. We want you to help us find the right people to fill roles such as Treasurer, Program Manager, Secretary as well as recruiting new Leaders to help run our weekly activities and to take our members on exciting weekends away. You will be helping us build a team of volunteers who can support both the administrative side of CAG as well as those running our termly program. Our volunteers are the lifeblood of CAG and you will play a crucial part in keeping that heart beating.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You would become part of our small, friendly team and you have the opportunity to use your time, skills and experience to make a real difference to CAG and the community in which we operate. This is a new role so you have the flexibility to make it your own under the guidance of CAG Committee.
About the location
Where will the volunteer be working?
The volunteer will work from home will be required to attend meetings within the Solihull area.
This role is partly remote but ideally the candidate should be available for face to face Committee and other meetings.
When will the volunteer be working?
- Flexible so during office hours if necessary for certain events but evenings if preferred
- You would need to be available to attend Committee meetings which normally take place in the evening
- Occasional weekends to attend recruitment events
Estimate of time commitment
- 0 – 3 hours / week – the candidate will be able to offer further time as they wish
The volunteering could be long term.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Izzy Jeynes on email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at this link.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS and two references.