Our raison d’etre is to engage young people in outdoor activities by providing them with opportunities to go on night walks, build fires, cook on fires, try out some bush craft, go on bike rides, try indoor climbing, have a go at scuba diving in swimming pools, play team building games, enter cake competitions, attempt bushtucker trials, put up tents, learn navigation skills, keep fit by doing bleep tests, go karting, have a crack at skiing at Ackers Trust or on a ski slope in the Alps, eat curry at Christmas and much more.
You will play an important role in putting together our termly program for our Tuesday meeting nights. There’s a lot involved in putting the program together and ensuring that all our members get the chance to join in these amazing experiences. You will work in conjunction with the Group Leader to decide which activities to do and when and you will also have to coordinate with our team of volunteer leaders to ensure that there are enough staff available each week to run the program.
The key tasks of the role are to:
- Plan the weekly activities for each term in coordination with the budget and operational members.
- Schedule the activities at the clubhouse and nightly trips / events
- Provide any materials etc required to carry out the planned activity
- Book the event / location / trainer etc and organise transport.
- Produce a term summary including parent rotas to be sent out.
- Follow up with parents / Leaders to ensure actions have been taken to meet activities planned.
- Troubleshoot any issues on the night if necessary
- Ensure that there are enough staff available to run the program and arrange cover if necessary
Ideally you should have / be:
- Ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively
- Creativity and an eye for detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Risk management
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Cost control and budgeting skills
- Teamwork and motivational skills
- Organisational and multitasking skills
- Office software proficient.
- Build, maintain and facilitate effective working relationships with a wide range of people and organisations.
- Plan, manage and monitor your own tasks and time.
In addition you will need:
- Committed to ensuring high standards.
- Flexible approach.
- A car driver or have ability to travel to attend events & meetings
- The post holder must be able to provide a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check, either a current or new application that can be made through CAG
Making a difference – what impact will the opportunity have?
Your input is key to the running of CAG as well as securing its future. You will help make Tuesday meeting nights run smoothly by ensuring that the Leaders are free to focus their attention on the members having a great experience. By producing a termly program this will enable parents to add the weekly activities to their diaries in good time and Volunteer Leaders to plan ahead and check out their availability. Additionally we can offer you:
- The chance to be part of a charity at an exciting time in its development
- The opportunity to make a difference to young people’s lives through outdoor trips, activities and adventures.
- Expenses, so you are not out of pocket.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You would become part of our small, friendly team and you have the opportunity to use your time, skills and experience to make a real difference to CAG and the community in which we operate. You will also have some fun, support a good cause and gain new skills and experiences.
About the location
Where will the volunteer be working?
The volunteer can do most of the work remotely but may need to attend some Tuesday evening meetings to coordinate with our team of Volunteer Leaders.
- Mostly remote work but some travel to Solihull will be necessary for Committee meetings and occasional Tuesday club nights.
When will the volunteer be working?
- Flexible so during office hours if necessary for certain events but evenings if preferred
- You would need to be available to attend Committee meetings which normally take place in the evening
Estimate of time commitment
- 0- 3 hours / week – the candidate will be able to offer further time as they wish
The volunteering could be long term.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Izzy Jeynes on email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at this link.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS and two references.