Our group is flourishing and we have a growing number of members who want to take part in our exciting program and challenging adventures. There is a lot of paperwork and payments to be completed and returned by parents and this has to be distributed, returned and logged along with the collection, chasing arrears and logging of membership fees. You will be working in conjunction with the Treasurer and Group Leader as well as being a Committee member.
We are looking for someone to manage member registrations and termly membership renewals / fee collection. The membership secretary has a vital role to play at the start of each term and has an important role throughout the year maintaining members’ records as per GDPR guidelines.
The key tasks of the role are to:
- Maintain the database / spreadsheet of membership and parent details and enrol new members throughout the year.
- Discuss membership with potential new members, register new members and send out Welcome packs to new members
- Ensure the parents and new member are comfortable in their first few months
- Manage the membership renewal process at the beginning of each term.
- Manage the distribution process of membership paperwork to include chasing missing paperwork
- Administration and chasing of unpaid / late membership fees
- Work in conjunction of the Treasurer
- Coordinate membership levels with Marketing manager to ensure membership is always full
- Manage the Membership database, in addition to contact details, record Gift Aid Declarations, permission forms and any other relevant returned paperwork
- Chase any non renewed members and archive as per GDPR guidelines as necessary
- Conduct a membership audit if required by the committee and in liaison with the Group Leader.
- Respond to membership enquiries
- Liaise with parents over any membership issues
- Act as a member of the Committee.
- Attend training courses.
Ideally you should have / be:
- An ability to communicate with adults and young people, both verbally and in writing.
- An ability to organise and plan effectively.
- Office software literate.
- Build, maintain and facilitate effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Plan, manage and monitor your own tasks and time.
In addition you will need:
- Committed to ensuring high standards.
- Flexible approach.
- A car driver or have ability to travel to attend events & meetings.
- The post holder must be able to provide a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check, either a current or new application that can be made through CAG.
Making a difference – what impact will the opportunity have?
Your input is key to the running of CAG as well as securing its future. The membership secretary is the authority on how membership is progressing year-on-year. You should be able to very quickly tell of growth / decline in membership amongst different age groups to inform the focus of the Marketing Manager and Group Leader.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You would become part of our small, friendly team and you have the opportunity to use your time, skills and experience to make a real difference to CAG and the community in which we operate. You will also have some fun, support a good cause and gain skills and experience.
About the location
Where will the volunteer be working?
The volunteer can do most of the work remotely.
- Mostly remote working but some availability to collect paperwork on Tuesday evenings, attend Committee meetings and the AGM in Solihull is required.
When will the volunteer be working?
- Mostly before and after Tuesday evenings (CAG’s meeting night 7pm – 9pm during term time) as this is when the paperwork / termly fees come(s) through and needs to be processed.
Estimate of time commitment
- 0 – 3 hours / week – the candidate will be able to offer further time as they wish
The volunteering could be long term.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Izzy Jeynes on email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at this link.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS and two references.