We are looking for an individual who embodies the spirit of CAG and continually keeps the integrity and goals of the organisation at the forefront of every decision that they make as part of their role. To ensure we meet our goal of improving the well-being of young people and being a part of our local community we need to increase our reach. We’re looking for a volunteer Community Ambassador to play a vital role in helping us reach new audiences, form new partnerships and maintain current arrangements, raise awareness and generate income.
You will seek out opportunities to speak to and build relationships with community groups, organisations and businesses, raising awareness of our work and encouraging action through giving, campaigning and volunteering.
In addition to public speaking opportunities, you may attend events on our behalf, such as business networking meetings, fundraising events, community fetes, galas and more.
You will work closely with the CAG Management Committee for support and help mapping out opportunities within the local community and beyond.
- Communicating and building relationships with current and potential community contacts
- Promoting CAG in the local area
- Attending meetings and events
- Delivering talks about CAG’s aims & activities.
- Contacting existing supporters to encourage continued support
- Researching new opportunities to build relationships in the local area, for instance: local places of worship, the Round Table, the Lions, local businesses
- Working in close conjunction with our Social Media Volunteer and our Fundraising Volunteer.
- Communicating frequently with CAG Management Committee to keep them up to date
We are looking for a volunteer who ideally should have / be:
- Commitment to CAG and its ethos
- Organised, self-motivated, proactive and good at managing your own time
- Someone who enjoys meeting new people and networking, and is comfortable with public speaking
- The ability to build and maintain relationships
- A proactive attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion
- The ability to influence others using excellent communication skills
- The ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
- Resilience, particularly when faced with setbacks
- A willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks.
- Strategic vision and an ability to think creatively.
- A car driver or have ability to travel to attend events & meetings
- The post holder must be able to provide a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check
Making a difference – what impact will the opportunity have?
Your input is key to the day to day running of CAG as well as securing its future. You will have a big impact because this role is essential to ensuring that CAG remains healthy and sustainable and able to navigate changing times and economic climates.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You would become part of our small, friendly team and you have the opportunity to use your time, skills and experience to make a real difference to CAG and the community in which we operate. Additionally we can offer you:
- The chance to be part of a charity at an exciting time in its development
- The opportunity to make a difference to young people’s lives through outdoor trips, activities and adventures.
- Expenses, so you are not out of pocket.
About the location
Where will the volunteer be working?
The volunteer will work from home & will be required to attend meetings within the Solihull area.
This role is partly remote but ideally the candidate should be available for face to face Committee and other meetings.
When will the volunteer be working?
- Flexible to suit you
- You would need to be available to attend Committee meetings which normally take place in the evening
- Occasional weekends and evenings to attend events
Estimate of time commitment
- 0 – 3 hours / week – the candidate will be able to offer further time as they wish
The volunteering could be long term.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Izzy Jeynes on email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at this link.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS and two references.