Our raison d’etre is to engage young people in outdoor activities by providing them with opportunities to spend time doing activities such as ghyll scrambling in the Lake District, mountain biking in the Peaks, paddling on the river Wye, rock climbing, weaseling, surfing in Devon, scaling Snowdon and walking up Brown Clee in the dark and returning to hot chicken roasted on an open fire. We also do indoor climbing, go scuba diving in swimming pools and eat curry at Christmas…and then there’s our legendary ski trip…
We are looking for someone to help organise these trips and activities for us. There’s a lot involved in putting these activities together and ensuring that all our members get the chance to join in some, if not all of these amazing experiences. You will be organising our weekend trips away, our DofE practice and assessed trips and the week long legendary ski trip.
The key tasks of the role are to:
- Coordinate with the Group Leader & Program Manager to plan specific trips as required.
- Research options for interesting and exhilarating trips
- Ensure enough Leaders / Volunteers are available to cover the trip requirements.
- Book the events / locations / transport / accommodation / food needed for these trips.
- Promote the trips through the completion of the trip information packs that are sent out to members & parents, including the trip incident plan.
- Repeat all elements of trip planning for DofE expedition practice & assessment weekends, coordinating with the DofE Manager / Coordinator.
- Ensure that all trips are within budget requirements
- Review trip performance and outcomes after trip completion
- Attend training courses as necessary.
Ideally you should have / be:
- Ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively
- Creativity and an eye for detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Risk management
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Cost control and budgeting skills
- Teamwork and motivational skills
- Organisational and multitasking skills
- Office software proficient.
- Build, maintain and facilitate effective working relationships with a wide range of people and organisations.
- Plan, manage and monitor your own tasks and time.
In addition you will need:
- Committed to ensuring high standards.
- Flexible approach.
- A car driver or have ability to travel to attend events & meetings
- The post holder must be able to provide a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check, either a current or new application that can be made through CAG
Making a difference – what impact will the opportunity have?
Your input is key to the running of CAG as well as securing its future. You will ensure that all trips organised run smoothly and well within budget so that all members have the opportunity to enjoy time away safely and enjoyably.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You would become part of our small, friendly team and you have the opportunity to use your time, skills and experience to make a real difference to CAG and the community in which we operate. You will also have some fun, support a good cause and gain new skills and experiences. Additionally we can offer you:
- The chance to be part of a charity at an exciting time in its development
- The opportunity to make a difference to young people’s lives through outdoor trips, activities and adventures.
- Expenses, so you are not out of pocket.
About the location
Where will the volunteer be working?
The volunteer can do most of the work remotely but may need to attend some Tuesday evening meetings to collect / hand out trip paperwork.
- Mostly remote work but some travel to Solihull will be necessary for Committee meetings and occasional Tuesday club nights.
When will the volunteer be working?
- Flexible so during office hours if necessary for certain events but evenings if preferred
- You would need to be available to attend Committee meetings which normally take place in the evening
Estimate of time commitment
- 0 – 3 hours / week – the candidate will be able to offer further time as they wish
The volunteering could be long term.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Izzy Jeynes on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or apply online at this link.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS and two references.