We are looking for someone to help us publicise CAG and what we do to build a consistent positive message about young people and Challenge Adventure Group and, ultimately, build a demand to be a part of CAG.
These messages and stories will be delivered through a variety of media. Additionally, we want to engage our current and potential audiences by creating and developing a compelling social media strategy and content. We want to get the CAG name and story out into the community to build long lasting and meaningful relationships with local organisations, community groups and other relevant parties and to establish CAG as a strong and vibrant participant of local life.
We are looking for an experienced offline and online / social media marketer to work with us to maximise our presence in order to attract new members and volunteers and to advertise CAG to its full potential.
We would like you to:
- Develop and on and offline marketing strategy
- Prepare and deliver on and offline marketing material and stories
- Perform a social media audit: Assess the current state of our social media pages and make recommendations on how we might improve our presence and engagement and where we might focus our efforts.
- Help us develop and/or execute a social media campaign around, in the first instance, recruiting new members.
- Provide guidance/strategy on how we can manage our social media on an ongoing basis e.g. using a centralised tool, creating a content calendar, identifying easy and free graphic tools and images
- Produce fresh and engaging content for our social media channels
- Prepare graphics for sharing across channels
- Engage with our followers and encourage interaction
- Manage and maintain social media channels on a regular basis
- Work with our Group Leader who will provide our existing brand/style guidelines and share the CAG ethos.
We are looking for a volunteer who has experience of:
- Writing and editing marketing content for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok / across all platforms
- Building strategies to increase social media following and build fundraising or awareness campaigns
- Developing a coherent brand voice for social media, from content creation to community interactions
- Using and setting up tools such as Hootsuite, Social Sprout, Canva, etc
- Creating content calendars to help plan social media activity
- Marketing specific events such as New Member Evenings & Duke of Edinburgh Introductory Presentations
Ideally you should have / be:
- A flexible team player
- A basic understanding of what CAG stands for and its place in the local community
- A passion for the work of CAG and the importance of it to its members & volunteers
- Experience of digital: social media marketing
- Ability to engage and build a rapport with a wide range of people & organisations including local schools
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- A car driver or have ability to travel to attend events & meetings
- The post holder must be able to provide a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check, either a current or new application that can be made through CAG
Making a difference – what impact will the opportunity have?
Your input is key to the running of CAG as well as securing its future. You will shape how we present ourselves to our service users, stakeholders, funders and general public. With your help we will be able to continue to grow our membership through building campaigns to recruit new members who will be able to take advantage of all the challenging adventures we offer and help make the lives of these young people richer and more positive. You will build on the social media campaign we already have in place to help us raise awareness in the local community of what we do and why we do it and ensure that we become a key player in our community as a whole.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You would become part of our small, friendly team and you have the opportunity to use your time, skills and experience to make a real difference to CAG and the community in which we operate. This is a new role so you have the flexibility to make it your own under the guidance of CAG Committee.
About the location
Where will the volunteer be working?
The volunteer will work from home will be required to attend meetings within the Solihull area.
This role is partly remote but ideally the candidate should be available for face to face Committee meetings and attending CAG events and other meetings.
When will the volunteer be working?
- Flexible so during office hours if necessary for certain events but evenings if preferred
- You would need to be available to attend Committee meetings which normally take place in the evening
- Occasional weekends to attend recruitment / marketing events
Estimate of time commitment
- 0 – 3 hours / week – the candidate will be able to offer further time as they wish
The volunteering could be long term.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Izzy Jeynes on email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at this link.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS and two references.