You will be in charge of CAG’s kit which is kept at various locations, most of which is at the base in Bickenhill. You will be responsible for advising, sourcing, acquisition and logging of new kit & supplies and will ensure that it is in an excellent condition to be used for our trips and activities. A key responsibility of the Stores & Equipment Manager is to keep track of all inventory: signing it out for trips / activities and then back in when it is returned. You will also determine how quickly supplies are being used, and when they may need to be replenished. You will also be responsible for ensuring the kit is repaired and is continually available for use. It is up to the quartermaster to understand what the situation may be and know when inventory is likely to be depleted based on any particular set of circumstances.
- Carry out an annual audit of the kit and liaise with the Treasurer & Secretary to ensure that the insurance is up to date.
- Research and advise the committee and leaders on options for new kit / kit replacement
- Plan the replacement of old kit acquisition of new kit.
- Keep the storeroom secured, organised and in good order by ensuring everything is in the right place
- Log out any items and keep track of who has them and where
- Log in any items after they have been used and check them over for damage / wear & tear
- Buy supplies to mend any broken items
- Replace any items that are beyond repair
- Ensure members / leaders to return kit once they have finished with it and it is returned in good order
- Ensure that any lost / damaged kit is invoiced out to the member / leader
- Coordinate kit availability with trip plans and funding / grants
- Visit offsite venues to check kit stored elsewhere
- Communicate frequently with the Group Leader & CAG Management Committee to keep them up to date
We are looking for a volunteer who ideally should have / be:
- Commitment to CAG and its ethos
- Organised & tidy
- Self-motivated, proactive and good at managing your own time
- The ability to build and maintain relationships
- Drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks.
- Excellent budgeting skills
- Good at practical tasks like mending broken tents and other kit
- A car driver or have ability to travel to attend events & meetings
- The post holder must be able to provide a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check
Making a difference – what impact will the opportunity have?
Your input is key to the day to day running of CAG as well as securing its future. You will have a big impact because this role is essential to ensuring that CAG retains and maintains its kit in a tidy and usable order ready to be used for our trips and activities.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You would become part of our small, friendly team and you have the opportunity to use your time, skills and experience to make a real difference to CAG and the community in which we operate. Additionally we can offer you:
- The chance to be part of a charity at an exciting time in its development
- The opportunity to make a difference to young people’s lives through outdoor trips, activities and adventures.
- Expenses, so you are not out of pocket.
About the location
Where will the volunteer be working?
The volunteer can partially work from home & will also be required to attend weekly Tuesday night club meetings at Bickenhill to run the store room.
The candidate should also be available for face to face Committee and other meetings.
When will the volunteer be working?
- Weekly Tuesday evening club nights
- You would need to be available to attend Committee meetings which normally take place in the evening
- Very occasional weekends and evenings to attend events
Estimate of time commitment
- 0 – 3 hours / week – the candidate will be able to offer further time as they wish
The volunteering could be long term.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Izzy Jeynes on email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at this link.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS and two references.