We are looking for an individual who embodies the spirit of CAG and continually keeps the integrity and goals of the organisation at the forefront of every decision that they make as part of their role. Because we work in a self-funded way, we need new resources to keep our organisation alive and to be able to offer a wide range of outdoor activities to our members.
We are looking for a remote based or local volunteer who ideally has experience in grant / bid writing and / or experience of working with young people. This is a very flexible role which can be carried out at home and in your free time.
- Communicating and building relationships with current and potential donors
- Organise established fundraising activities, such as our legendary CAG car wash
- Develop new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organising events to raise awareness of the charity and its activities e.g. giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising, online auctions and merchandise sales
- Manage all aspects of grant bids: research potential donors, establish requirements of the grant, create a bid (in conjunction with other CAG staff) that meets the terms and conditions of the grant, submit bid and implement successful bids, report progress where required back to grant givers
- Oversee corporate fundraising, including employee giving and matched giving from employers
- Manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
- Write applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a range of potential and current donors
- Researching and contacting new sources of funding
- Drafting proposals for projects, activities and equipment.
We are looking for a volunteer who ideally should have / be:
- Commitment to CAG and its ethos
- The ability to build and maintain relationships
- Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- A proactive attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion
- The ability to influence others using excellent communication skills
- The capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to meet financial targets
- Good organisational and project management skills
- The ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
- Resilience, particularly when faced with setbacks
- Sensitivity to the needs of volunteers and donors
- A willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks.
- Strategic vision and an ability to think creatively.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- A car driver or have ability to travel to attend events & meetings
- The post holder must be able to provide a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check
Making a difference – what impact will the opportunity have?
Your input is key to the day to day running of CAG as well as securing its future. You will have a big impact because this role is essential to ensuring that CAG remains healthy and sustainable and able to navigate changing times and economic climates.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You would become part of our small, friendly team and you have the opportunity to use your time, skills and experience to make a real difference to CAG and the community in which we operate. Additionally we can offer you:
- The chance to be part of a charity at an exciting time in its development
- The opportunity to make a difference to young people’s lives through outdoor trips, activities and adventures.
- Expenses, so you are not out of pocket.
About the location
Where will the volunteer be working?
The volunteer will work from home will be required to attend meetings within the Solihull area.
This role is partly remote but ideally the candidate should be available for face to face Committee and other meetings.
When will the volunteer be working?
- Flexible to suit you
- You would need to be available to attend Committee meetings which normally take place in the evening
- Occasional weekends to attend events
Estimate of time commitment
- 0 – 3 hours / week – the candidate will be able to offer further time as they wish
The volunteering could be long term.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Izzy Jeynes on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or apply online at this link.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS and two references.